Monday 10 July 2017

Monday Means Menus!

I had such grand plans for today.  Plans to clear out a cupboard that has been hoarding who-knows-what for about 10 or 11 years.  What I know about that cupboard is that I haven't actually touched anything on most of the top shelf, except the disposable places & cutlery, and picnic stuff.  So I was all excited about the idea of dealing with it.

But then I just slept instead.

In my defence, today is the first day I haven't worked since the school holidays began, and I need a break.  Apparently.  My body has decided it has no energy, so at 11am, when I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore I just wriggled down on the couch, pulled up my blankie (because there is nothing better than being all cosy when you're watching TV!), and slept for two hours.  It feels pitiful, but that's what this poor old body needed.  The sad thing is I slept so well last night.  My Dad sent me home with a clock radio that has red numbers.  What I now know, after a few clocks, is that red numbers don't glow like the sun at night.  Red numbers just keep the time in the clock, not all over the room.  Every time I woke, briefly, I looked over at the time and drifted back to sleep.  No green glow emanating from the clock.  YES!

The only productive thing I needed to do today was grocery shopping.  Which means list making, which means menu planning.  It was so nice to be the one asking "What's for dinner, Mum?" instead of having to find the answer!

So our Picket Fence Plan for the week is as follows:
Monday: Sloppy Joe's and potato wedges
Tuesday: Chinese simmering chicken, rice, stir fried veggies
Wednesday: Veggie plate (a plate full of roasted/steamed veggies)
Thursday:  Oven fried chicken, vegies
Friday:  Sheet pan tacos
Saturday: Chicken & corn soup
Sunday:  Maybe lasagne so I can make a double batch for the freezer?

Monday & Friday nights are new recipes for us from The Family Fudge.  This is on my list of Favourite YouTuber's, so if you have time take a look around.  Jennifer's recipes always look so delicious, so I'm willing to have a go.  The sheet pan taco things looks like a really good idea for putting it together.

What are you eating this week?
SaveSave

No comments: