Wednesday 10 June 2015

To Twist or Not to Twist - Bread Bag Issues

Image Credit
I am a pretty pragmatic kind of person.  I don't like to waste time or energy doing things that are unnecessary and I am pretty good at finding the most efficient way to get things done.  My mother used to say "give the laziest person the hardest job and they will find the easiest way to do it".  I think she was onto something.  I will happily change my habits, routines and procedures when I feel like the changes will improve efficiency.

So, every morning when I go to get some bread out of the freezer for my toast breakfast you can imagine having to untwist the top of the bread bag 40 million times is a little annoying.  It takes ages and anything past about two twists doesn't really add any benefit.

I finally figured out who the heavy-twisting culprit is.  Mr Busy twists that bread bag, after use, like his very life depends on it.  Twist, twist, twist, twist.  I dunno…five or six times.  What a waste of his energy.  I've hinted and asked and told him straight out:  twice is enough!  I don't want to spend all that time untwisting the top of the bag because you're obsessed with I-don't-know-what.

And then I discovered Dh does the same thing.  Those men-people are like peas in a pod.

There is no hope of me ever being able to open a bread bag without waiting half an hour for it to unwind itself.

1 comment:

Tiny Toadstool Cottage said...

So funny! Everyone has their little habits!