Thursday 12 March 2015

I'm a-leaving on a jet plane

 
This is the song I've been singing in my head for the past two days.  Because there is nothing more exciting than getting on a plane.  It almost doesn't matter where you are headed because the fact is, you're getting on a plane and going somewhere.  That alone makes it exciting.  Adventure in the wind, if you will.
My adventure for the weekend is the Hillsong Colour Conference, with a whole bunch of women from my church.  I only know a handful of them and don't know most of those terribly well.  But I'm being brave and going to a foreign city with people I don't know to spend time in a room....well...arena, with thousands of women I don't know.  I think 'overwhelmed' is going to be in my emotional future!  But I am excited.  One of the speakers is Sheila Walsh, whose music I listened to as a teen.

In the meantime I am reduced to repetitive begging praying about a job application in the school where I did my rounds late last year.  The perfect job:  Prep (my absolute favourite) classroom teacher in a Christian school.  Truly, this is the position for which my heart beats.  I spoke to the HR girl this morning, whom I know from my previous church and she assured me the wheels are just turning slowly.  And I am only competing with 14 other people.  If you are the praying type I would appreciate all the prayers you have to spare.  For God's favour and for this job, which would be the most precious and beautiful gift and a perfect way to begin my teaching career.

Well....here I go.  The trip to the airport will take longer than the flight!  But I have a new handbag to keep me company....


1 comment:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I'll pray for your job, for safe travels and that you'll have a wonderful time this weekend. Can't wait to hear all about it!

xofrances