Tuesday 15 July 2014

That Sinking Feeling...in Shoe Mourning


I had a great week last week, cleaning the laundry from top to bottom and clearing out my wardrobe.  Yesterday morning I went looking for my favourite work shoes for my first day back at work (ohhhh the denial Miss Sunshine and I engaged in.  Yr12's are back too and neither of us wanted to begin what will be a crazy-busy term).  I have adored these shoes (pictured above).  They are so comfortable I could wear them all day long, a little bit feminine and just incredibly sturdy when you're dashing after children all day long.  They are the perfect 'teacher shoe', especially when you work in quite a bushy setting.

Yesterday morning my shoes had disappeared.  They were in none of the 'usual' places.  And none of the unusual ones either.  At this point I started to get a sinking feeling.  I threw on another pair of black flats and went off to work.  Dh looked about when we got home and eventually conceded the same result.  They were gone.  Somehow.

And then I remembered.  I wore these shoes three days last week.  On Thursday I cleaned my wardrobe out and hadn't needed these shoes in the following days.  The only possible scenario I can come up with is that these were under the pile of things I had set aside to throw away and they must have been scooped up into the rubbish bag.  The rubbish was collected on Friday morning.

I am devastated.  And cross.  I can't get this style anymore.  Tomorrow I'll have to go find the Sketchers store and see if there is anything close to these ones that have been so perfect.

I am in mourning.

3 comments:

Kindness matters said...

There's little that's as devastating (and frustrating) as losing one's favorite footwear.

Best of luck to you as you search for a replacement.

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Oh, I completely understand. I once lost some shirts I loved the very same way. My condolences, my dear!

xofrances

J Bott said...

Oh No that is the worst!!! I feel so sad for you!