Saturday 9 November 2013

Breakfast Anyone?


Dh has decided going out for breakfast is his new favourite thing.  All of a sudden the children are old enough to be home without us, and going out for a breaky for two is a much cheaper alternative to dinner for five hungry adult-sized people.  The kids are all up at different times of the morning so we feel less obligated to take them along.

Dh thinks we should 'up the hill' to the tourist road next.  I'm not so sure.  A swarm of locals on bicycles are quite the road hazard on Saturday's and Sunday's between here and there.  I think we need to revisit today's restaurant so I can try all the breakfasts I couldn't choose this morning!  I have to say though, my potato rosti with poached eggs and smoked salmon was a very delicious start to the day.

As of this morning we also have a new learner driver in the house.  Miss Mischief passed her test with 94%, a result all the more sweet when she realised she had beat Miss Sunshine's score.  I don't think I'll ever be allowed to drive my car again!  When Miss Sunshine's exams are over she's on notice that she'll be pushed into more practice.  The child needs to drive to get to Uni in 2015 and 120 hours of experience are hard to come by.  Miss Mischief, on the other hand, is chomping at the bit to get going.

Maybe when one of them has a license Dh and I will move on from breakfast out to ... ohhhh, I don't know - a trip overseas for two?!!  Disneyland is singing my name, I'm sure of it.

2 comments:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I love going out for breakfast, but sadly I'm the only one in my family who does. One of my favorite parts of grad school was meeting my friends for coffee and a plate of eggs.

Jack will get his permit in the spring--and I'm terrified!

xofrances

Anonymous said...

Yum, what a delicious breakfast - and isn't it lovely to be able to sneak out without the kids?