Tuesday 29 October 2013

Too Excited about the End in Sight


I had a moment where I realised I was a little bit too excited about being nearly half way through the last term of the year.  In six weeks' time Uni will be finished.  School will be finished.  I will have six weeks of relaxing ahead of me.  In six weeks' time I will only be arguing spending time with my own children.  I might find the energy to cook properly every night.  And clean the house from top to bottom.  Twice.  And I will definitely be ploughing my way through all sorts of fun books.  In six weeks' time Christmas will have been planned, implemented and enjoyed.

Alright - I don't really care that I am a little too excited about the end of the school year.  I can't wait to have a proper break and I can't wait to just "be" for a little while.

1 comment:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Just last night I started a Countdown to Christmas Break on the erasable memo board on the fridge. 34.5 school days. Now, I don't actually go to school, so I imagine this countdown is much more exciting for the boys, but still ... knowing there's a big break ahead of us, where we'll do a whole lot of nothing, will pull me through the dark, cold mornings of November and December.

xofrances