Friday 12 July 2013

Cleaning and Organising


I've been waiting all holidays for the cleaning bug go hit me.  It finally arrived.  My two front rooms have been thoroughly deep cleaned.  I dug out my Enjo cloths to help me with the dusting task.  My septic tank man will be thrilled.  Clean house.  No chemicals.

I have wandered into those two rooms numerous times just to enjoy the fruits of my labour.  Shiny surfaces.  No dust.  Reorganised music book storage.  And I have wondered again how to be more routine about the whole idea of cleaning when life is so crazy throughout the term.  I wish I had the mental wherewithal to sign up to Fly Lady again.  She was so helpful 12 years ago when I first became acquainted with her.

I don't think anyone has come up with a system for full speed life and super-quick house cleaning.  The two don't seem to go together.  Cleaning just takes the time that it takes.

So my question to you for the week is this:  How to keep your house cleaned when you're busier than you would like to be?

1 comment:

bbarna said...

I miss the days when my kids were home. They all had "chores" and it really helped. I work full time and run a home business, and hubby used to work out of town alot. Now hubby is semi-retired and has taken on the vacumning, laundry and most of the yard work. I still work full time and have home business. I do the dusting, bathrooms, washing of floors, etc. My standards are definitely lower that they used to be :-) Decluttering has helped, but you have to keep on top of it.
Barb from Canada