Tuesday 9 April 2013

A New Recipe: Roasted Vegetable Lasanga



I tried a new recipe over Easter.  Apparently I break what is a culinary cardinal rule.  You should never experiment on guests.  It seems like I've made a career of doing exactly that.  Because when I have guests I'm usually looking for something a little bit different and interesting rather than plain, old, whatever-we-normally-have.  Not that guests would know the difference I suppose.  My parents think our 'normal' is like being in a restaurant.  I beg to differ, but I imagine that's all a matter of perspective.

Anyway, I wanted a roasted vegetable lasagne recipe and I found a really good one here.  Our only problem with the recipe was the use of tomato pesto.  I ended up making my own pesto last night so that I could use pine nuts instead of cashews, as Miss Sunshine has a nut allergy but is fine with the pine nuts.  I got that recipe from here.

I have some vegies leftover for someone's lunch and whole night's worth of lasagna in my freezer for another day.  I think after a trip to Costco to refill my freezer I'll be ready to get into another school term.  Almost.

2 comments:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Sometimes the only time I get a chance to try a new recipe is on guests! For the most part, I don't think they've minded being my guinea pigs. That lasagna looks delicious!

xofrances

Vinyl Fences Toronto said...

A new fence can provide both a practical and attractive addition to any home or property. Even old fences can be dressed up, often becoming a focal point in the landscape. Fencing options range from the traditional white picket fence that surrounds many older homes to more modern installations using geometric shapes to add flair.

White Picket Fence