Monday 6 August 2012

Monday....


screenshot - 'The Cat in the Hat' (2003)

I've spent the entire day thinking it wasn't Monday.  But it is!  Perhaps when you spend too much time with Dr Seuss you lose track of time?  I've watched both 'Horton Hears a Who' and 'The Cat in the Hat' in the past week in preparation for an assignment.  And above is my favourite screenshot.  I didn't know this, but the direction of the image tells us that this poor fish has now power in his relationship - and after watching the movie, 'they're' right!  No one listens to the fish.  Ever felt like that?  Yep, me too.

The girls have been pushed into service this week, because I need to focus on some assignments.  They've each been given opportunity for input to what they'd like to cook and when and we've come up with a very workable plan:

Monday:  roast chicken, vegies (Miss Mischief)
Tuesday:  pasta carbonara (Miss Sunshine)
Wednesday:  nachos (Miss Sunshine)
Thursday:  osso bucco, mashed potato (me)
Friday:  chicken & rice noodle stir fry (Miss Mischief)
Saturday: honey soy chicken, rice, vegies (me)
Sunday:  homemade pizza (Miss Sunshine & me)

Anyone want to do a semiotic analysis of texts/images and how they create meaning?  No?  I guess that means I'm on my own!  I think a cuppa before bed might be the way to begin this one.

2 comments:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Oh, my goodness, semiotics! You are on your own, my dear, except in the kitchen. I continue to envy you your helpful daughters!

xofrances

Tracy said...

I didn't think anyone would jump at the semiotics. Do authors really analyse their word choices to that depth? I think probably not!

As I type Miss Sunshine is sauteing. Amazing girl, that one.