Saturday 23 June 2012

Shoes


I think I've mentioned a few times, I'm not much of a shopper.  I'm a "get in there, do what you have to and then get out as fast as you can" kind of shopper.  Every now and then I vary my MO.  Like today.  Our goal was shoes for Mr Busy and hair cuts for Miss Sunshine and I.  Out in an hour, right?

Well..... almost.  While we were looking for shoes for Mr Busy I wandered down the women's shoe aisle of Big W.  These Mary Jane's jumped out from the shelf at me.  I've been longing for and every now and then looking for a pair of these ever since Anna posted about her Clarkes Marilla's  here all the way back in 2009.  I figure if I'm still pondering those beautiful shoes 3 years later I should just buy them when I trip over them.  Right?

So I did.  The Clarke's are gorgeous and good quality and certainly my preference.  But we can't get that style, nor a similar one, in Australia.  So I bought the ones in Big W.  They look pretty spiffy if I do say so myself.  What surprised me was that they really don't feel like I'm wearing any heel at all.

Of course, having Miss Sunshine standing beside me saying "just buy them" was all the push I needed.  She's wise, at times, that one.

No comments: