Monday 25 June 2012

Beginning of the End

It's nice to be back at my own school.  It's nice to be warmly welcomed 'home' and know you were missed, not just by staff, but by students as well.  One of the students most responsible for adding most to the number of grey hairs I can count gave me a big hug when he saw me.  I got a hug from another student who also happens to attend our church.  I saw her across the auditorium yesterday morning, but didn't feel it was an appropriate time to get that hug....she was more than obliging this morning.  And just to make sure that I don't feel too despondent about not being in a position to teach a class myself I'll be teaching both of our Year 5/6's this week.  We'll be making chicken wonton soup to celebrate the end to their unit on China.  I'm really looking forward to it - and so are they.  The end of the term is but a mere four sleeps away.....bring it on!

My last round of assignments have begun to be returned.  The first one to arrive came with a grade of  High Distinction attached.  I must confess I was stunned.  I didn't feel confident when I submitted it.  Especially after having been told that this particular subject was notorious for students failing.  I guess I can thank my most challenging students for all the experience and insight they provide into positive behaviour management! I now know for certain I've passed that subject, given my previous assignment grade and a highly successful completion of my teaching rounds.

I'm still nervously awaiting my exam result as well as my dance & drama assignment.

Other things have returned to normal for us too.  Like Mr Busy being available to assist the library staff after school.  You know he is highly valued for his helpful spirit when they phone the classroom to get him out of class in order to give them a hand with a couple of things he would normally take care of later in the day.

1 comment:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Congrats on the high distinction mark, Tracy! All your hard work is definitely paying off. Glad you're enjoying being back at your old school--I'm sure they're happy to have you there!

xofrances