Thursday 8 September 2011

Pursuit of a New Bathroom

Photo Credit:  Google Images - a shiny looking bathroom such as I will have soon! 

We spent today not with me studiously working on an assignment, as I should have been.  No, we spent it in pursuit of items for the creation of a new bathroom.  Rotting floor has been removed, along with everything that existed in that space before Wednesday.  Today we chose tiles and the vanity stand and basin.  Lots of fun.  Especially when it included a trip to IKEA.  We attempted to visit the new store in Springvale....but we balked at the queue waiting to get into the store and drove to Richmond instead.  It was lovely and quiet in there and we were able to browse and make our purchases in relative peace.

So...we're sharing a bathroom with the kids again.  The only word that can be used to describe the experience is 'interesting'.  I hope my bathroom can be completed by the end of next week :)

4 comments:

Squiggly Rainbow said...

how exciting! You will have to let me know who is doing it? I may need their number! xx

Tracy said...

It's a friend of ours - he's fitting it in between bigger jobs and being away!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I hope you'll show an "after" picture of your bathroom. We're redoing ours as well, though it's slow process that will require an electrician and a plumber ... I hope we have it done by Christmas! It shouldn't actually take that long, but knowing us, it might.

xofrances

Tracy said...

I wouldn't even dare to do this ourselves. We're not handy!