Monday 15 August 2011

Monday, Menus and Mayhem

The week ahead is one I'm almost inclined to just set aside as too much and too busy.  Mr Busy has two excursions.  Miss Mischief was on one today.  We've Grandparents Day and the annual book fair, where Mr Busy begs me to buy books and I try not to acquiesce!  

On top of all that Mr Busy's teacher told me a woeful story of my poor son accidentally spilling blue paint all over the carpeted floor in his classroom.  And of the pitiful lack of energy the poor boy exhibited in helping to clean it up.  Apparently it took a good hour and they worked well into lunch.  That poor man....and my poor boy.  It was no fault of either one.  Just one of those things.

And we eat.  Miss Sunshine got the ball rolling with honey soy chicken & vegies, tonight.  Then we've all manner of things, like an out-of-the-freezer meal, the steak we didn't get to last week (it's still in the freezer), pasta....and something new and exciting.  I bought "Jamie's 30 Minute Meals", hoping to teach Miss Mischief some cooking and kitchen management skills.  I figure if she takes double the time that it takes me to cook, than an hour in the kitchen is an improvement on her current two-hour dinner sessions.  She's picked her menu and we'll be experimenting on Friday, when I have time to work through it with her.

What I like about this particular book is that it is organised so that you cook an entire meal.  Rather than each recipe and its method being set out individually, the instructions are for what needs to be done next of the three or so recipes so that everything ends up on the table within half an hour.  Ingenious.  And hopefully very helpful for Miss Mischief.

In the meantime, I've submitted an assignment and have an online quiz to do tomorrow night.  And then it will be full steam ahead with another assignment and study for a second online quiz.  I think I prefer writing assignments.  This studying for a quiz thing is not my prefered method of assessment.

2 comments:

Aprille Roberts said...

Tracy, I have been off blogging for a LONG time, and I have just now been able to get started updating again, and yours is one of the first two that I had to get to and read :) I have always loved reading your posts, and as always your children's exploits are entertaining, and your food details always leave me wanting to try something new! So glad to drop back in. Blessings to you! :D Aprille

Tracy said...

Aprille that has to be one of the my humbling thigns to hear. Thank you! And welcome back ~ it's good to 'see' you again.