Sunday 26 June 2011

Week's End Catch Up

The last part of the week has wizzed past in somewhat of a blur.  There have been lessons, enthusiastic children...all the busyness of a small school.  I got to Thursday and commented to Dh that the lady who is replacing me in my 'real' job was having my day off.  The Principal where I'm doing my placement was very complimentary of me and the lesson he finally got to supervise.  It's such a shame professional opinion does not shorten the length of my degree!  Whilst loving the opportunities and input I am experiencing I am missing my own school immensely.  So much so that I popped in on Friday to catch up with a couple of staff I normally work with.  And it was good to hear how 'my' boys are going and hear what's happened whilst I've been away.

We spent yesterday with some good friends, whilst the men cut and split wood.  It was nice to just sit and enjoy the company of those friends.  Today it's nice to spend the day quietly at home.  It's the closest thing to quietness I expect to get between now and the first Thursday of the next school term!

We're having a roast chicken dinner tonight.  Something a little bit 'special' but quite simple to end our weekend before heading into the frenetic pace of a Prep-Yr2 class next week.

No comments: