Monday 23 May 2011

Monday Menu Planning: Week Beginning 23 May


It's official.  I'm avoiding an assignment.  OK, it's not quite as bad as it sounds.  The thing is basically written.  At this point it needs a LOT of polishing!  It's just one of those ones that you seem to go around and around with and don't feel like you're hitting the mark.  It'll get there.  It has to.  But I am officially in avoidance.  For now.  I'll hit it again tomorrow and see how I go.  I think I need to print it out and see it on paper.

Apart from that, and a quiz I'm pretty much done with Uni for this week, and therefore, almost the semester!  An exam and a couple of weeks professional experience seems almost insignificant.  Of course it's not, but after all these weeks of hard work, that much feels almost easy.  Time-wise anyway.  I'm looking forward to wanting to cook dinner again.  I'm looking forward to getting my house cleaned up again.  Anyone who might dare to enter right now would see what a working, full-time Uni student's house really looks like.  I'm looking forward to reading for pleasure.  I'm looking forward to considering the idea of picking up my stitching.  Ahhh...so much to enjoy for a couple of months!!!

The rest of the family just focus on enjoying meals.  What's for dinner is always foremost on their minds and lips at the end of a school day.  This week's menu is a mishmash of whatever we didn't end up having last week.  I'm telling you, it's gotten pretty slack around here!

Monday:  Roast chicken, vegies (Miss Mischief)
Tuesday:  Soup, bread & butter (Me)
Wednesday:  Rissoles, vegies (Miss Mischief)
Thursday:  Spanish chicken, potato & chorizo (Miss Sunshine)
Friday:  Some kind of stir fry, I believe

Miss Sunshine is finally getting her 'birthday party'.  Two friends will join us for the night and then we'll head off to enjoy some wildlife experiences.  The girls are all so very excited!  The two guests have requested the stir fry 'of some kind', so I'll have to find them at school this week and probe a little deeper.  Once agian, Saturday and Sunday are a bit too distant.  I'd like to think I could cope with making a lasagna for one of those nights.  We'll see how that goes.

No comments: