Monday 2 May 2011

Monday Menu Plan: Week Beginning 2 May

April and May bring birthday celebrations galore to our home.  Three of us celebrate now and two very much later on in the year.  So the kids are busily scheming and planning away to mark these milestones in ways that are special to them.

Miss Sunshine turned 15 today.  It really is a little bit difficult to get my head around the fact that at this time 15 years ago I was in hospital, recovering from a long and challenging labour with a tiny, perfect little girl beside me.  She's still perfect.  And she's still beside me.  She's not so tiny anymore, standing proudly taller than her Mum.  A mature young woman now, who loves life in an effervescent way.  She is full of fun and humour no matter how frustrating she can be at times.  I believe she's planning a trip to the zoo in the next couple of weeks with a couple of good friends.  I love her idea of a good time!

In honour of her birthday I planned a favourite meal....along with the rest of the week's meals:
Monday:  Roast chicken, vegies with homemade gravy and cherry clafoutis for dessert
Tuesday:  Ricotta fritters, vegies
Wednesday:  Rissoles, vegies
Thursday:  Creamy pasta
Friday:  Nigella's chicken wraps
I haven't gotten any further in my plans.  No matter, it will happen before the meals need to be on the table.

----------------------------
I had to put together a presentation about my 'metaphor of teaching' for Uni this week.  I elected to stick with powerpoint and upload it to a file sharing website for others to view.  I'm really happy with the result.  It really reflects my balance between the three learning styles.  Words to read, narration to hear and pictures relating to each element of the task.  I even found a way to include some of my quilt pictures :)  I've just posted it to the tutorial discussion board...so we'll see how that goes.

Have I ever said how much I love studying?!

5 comments:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Happy birthday to Miss Sunshine! Jack turned 12 last week, and I'm having a hard time figuring out where this big, lumbering boy came from.

I can tell you love studying--school seems to really energize you. I'm so glad you're having a great time with it.

xofrances

Jodie said...

Hi Tracy, I haven't seen you much lately. I miss our cuppa time!
I have some pork spare ribs and I am going to try your Nigella maple chicken recipe. Can't wait!! I'll take your advice and buy the real syrup. Love Jodie.

Jodie said...

PS, I love studying too! I get my first essay back in a few weeks! The rest of my course is online quizzes and exams mid year.

Tracy said...

Waiting for that first one to be returned was the killer for me. I get this rush of nervous adrenaline every time I open a returned assignment, until I see that grade! Silly really.

Enjoy that pork. I know it's going to be good!

Tracy said...

Happy birthday to your Miss Sunshine. It is hard sometimes to believe that our little ones grow up so quickly. I feel like sometimes the days pass by slowly but the years very quickly.