Monday 21 March 2011

Monday Menu Plan: Week Beginning 21 March

It seems like so long since I've posted a menu plan, and I'm afraid this one will be rather a disappointment.  I post my non-menu plan, however, because it seemed to me that it was a good example of how to plan what you're going to eat when life throws you a curvball.

My curveball was thrown on Thursday afternoon, when I had planned to rough out something very quick and put together my shopping list.  Instead I had to deal with something urgent, and tough.  So my version of planning looked more like a thought process.  I have mince in the fridge and will do a pasta meal one night, so if I buy three other kinds of meat, we'll make it up as we go along.

I bought vegetables.  Potatoes, pumpkin, cauliflower, celery.  And some fruit.  I bought chicken drumsticks, thigh fillets and a whole chook to roast.

At some point this week we'll have a roast and then soup from the bones.  I've a bit of a hankering for Nigella's African drumsticks and we might have a stir fry and rice with the chicken fillets.  There will be pasta and there will be something with beef mince.  Perhaps rissoles.  That leaves one meal, and we may very well have a houseful of extra children for the evening.  So I'll do some asking through the week and see what they'd like to eat.

And that, my friends, is the inner workings of a mind incapable of menu planning in earnest.  This week will be focused on the curveball and the girls will have plenty of opportunities to put their own spin on the meals they create.

No comments: