Thursday 24 March 2011

The Cutting Room Floor

One of my Tail Feathers blocks, used for the same subject

I'm in the middle of writing an assignment for Design & Technology and like the sewing related theme a scrap of my work has been flung to the cutting room floor.  As is always the way, sometimes the most  beautifully written sentences are the ones to go.  And so this is mine.  One I love, that no one will see otherwise.
"As a child I watched my mother create our clothing, a sewing machine always set up in our living room with fabric scraps, pins and threads scattered about."
Just had to share it with someone!

2 comments:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

That's lovely, Tracy. Yes, it's terrible how sometimes we have to let go sentences and sometimes entire paragraphs that we love!

xofrances

Rel said...

Looking lovely, Trac :)

Hugs xo