Thursday 17 March 2011

And I'm Back

After many days and a variety of circumstances, I'm back and I think my brain is now clear enough to think about blogging.  Here's a little catch up.

School Camp:  3 days, 50 kids, lots of time on my feet.  We had some great fun and learned a lot about rubbish, and sewerage, and natural environments.  And spent a lot of time checking in with kids.... have you got your hat, your drink bottle and your proper shoes on?  No?  Go and do it.  Yep.  Gotta love 10yo's and kids with extra needs.  I got lots of cuddles from Mr Busy and little boy who is tenuously related to us.  Very cute.

Camping:  3 days, non powered, nuthin' much to do.  I was home for an hour on Friday night.  I have to say, that was pretty tough.  When Dh told me our friends were cooking dinner for us I nearly cried.  They had our two big girls.  I had their two little people ~ they'd been on camp with me.  That was the most beautiful gift anyone could have given me that day!  I finished 'Save the Date' by Jenny B Jones, and savoured it for a while before starting the next book.  My golly she's a great author!  And I sat in the shade and drank lots of tea.

Home:  We got home Monday and I submitted my first Uni assignment.  My next assignment (different subject) is due next week.  I'm nervous.  I don't know how high the bar of expectation is now.  TAFE was easy peasy.  So, I've been catching up on six days worth of not doing ANY of my Uni work.  And I'm still really tired.

Today?  Study.  And perhaps a 'Nana Nap'.  Because I'm feeling pretty old right about now!

1 comment:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Oh, my goodness that's a lot of camping! So glad you're back on one piece--I hope you got your nap!

xofrances