Monday 13 September 2010

Monday Menu Plan: Week Beginning 13 September


I simply cannot comprehend that the end of this term is upon us and that we're about to enjoy another break.  The break is much needed and right on time according to my energy levels, but still, it feels like we've only just returned from our epic holiday journey.

Over the next few weeks I am planning to get a little bit ahead of myself and cook double batches of casseroles and pastas so that the busy nights in the coming term will be a little easier to handle.  Term 4 is always busy in all kinds of ways, with end of year festivities and the inevitable flurry of organisational tasks at school.

This week our menu is looking a bit like this right now:

Monday:  Pasta with creamy bacon & mushroom sauce
Tuesday:  Nachos
Wednesday:  Coq au Riesling (from Nigella Express)*
Thursday:  Teriyaki Chicken, rice, stir fried vegies
Friday:  Tuna & rice
Saturday:  Honey Mustard Scallopine*, vegies
Sunday:  Sloppy Joe's...well...maybe soup

* make a double batch for freezing

1 comment:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Another break so soon? Oh, I could use a bit of a break right now. I'm feeling frazzled! For one thing, it's still awfully hot here, and I feel like I'm running one errand after another.

Your menu looks lovely, as always!

frances