Friday 24 September 2010

Little Holiday Fancies

Tomato & Chorizo Salad

Yesterday I had a friend and her two sons come for much of the day.  I made Jamie Oliver's Tomato and Chorizo salad for the grown up's lunch while the kids had macaroni & cheese with a salad.  Rather than the required goats cheese, I chose baby bocconcini.  Tender, sweet, perfect.  That salad is going to become a favourite, I just know it.  I have leftovers for my lunch today :)

Delicious food and wonderful company always rate highly on my list of things to enjoy over school holidays.

* * * * * * * *

Surely reading in bed first thing in the morning is one of the most luxurious things a person can do.  The idea that there is time enough to spend there, without thought for the time is one of my little holiday joys.  Of course, being the early riser I am, 8am is as far as I tend to get.  Still, it is nice to still be home at 8am instead of running out the door for the day.

* * * * * * * *

Holiday To Do 

Inspired by Shiny Red Houses and photos like the one in this post by Debbie at Artful Aspirations, I am determined to douse some fires around my house.  I'm certain my desk could look more inviting and my craft pile needs to be organised and better contained.  And let's not even mention the laundry just yet.  I mean, how do things get clean in a room that gets so grubby?  On the top of the list though, is my bedroom.
I don't relish the idea of housework, not when a pile of books beckons me.  But there is something rather nurturing and embracing about a home that is in order before you head into another busy term.

What do you enjoy doing when you have some time at home?

2 comments:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Reading first thing in the morning does seem like a luxury. I used to do it all the time when I was growing up.

When I have time at home, I generally pick up a book or magazine. But I like those days when I feel energized to clean, because a clean, tidy house makes me awfully happy. Must get rich so I can hire someone to put my house in order!

frances

Tracy said...

I wonder if I'll ever be rich enough to feel like I could justify someone else cleaning my house?! I love the idea of it.