Monday 24 May 2010

Monday Menu: Week Beginning 24 May

I am feeling a little smug tonight. I made two meatloaves a couple of weeks ago and froze one of them, ready to be cooked on some night when I wanted something homecooked and didn't have time for preparation. Tonight would be that night. A longer-than-usual staff meeting is the perfect reason to pull out something I had prepared earlier. So here I sit...dinner in the oven. Oh yes, I'm so clever...today anyway!

I've realised as I sat down to finish preparing my menu plan that our weekend is going to be very bitsy and somewhat here and there with all our busyness. So I think I'll leave planning Friday and Saturday until I have a discussion with the girls to see how they'd like to spoil themselves.

So far this is what I have:

Monday: Meatloaf, vegies
Tuesday: Ricotta fritters, vegies
Wednesday: Maple chicken (a la Nigella Lawson), vegies
Thursday: Ants Climbing Trees (see sidebar for recipe)
Friday: Under discussion
Saturday: Under discussion
Sunday: Sloppy Joe's.

I've a recipe for cornbread that I've been wanting to try out, from the same book the Sloppy Joe's came from. I think I might just add that to the menu for that evening, as well as a good old green salad to go with it.

I've been drooling over 'Nigella Feasts' over recent weeks, with the TV series as my inspiration. I'm certain that at some point very soon I'll have to indulge in procuring the hardcover version so that I can spoil us all with lots of yummy treats.

1 comment:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Your post made me realize you haven't brought up your Nigella obsession in awhile! I still need to get a book. There's one in the library about summer cooking--maybe I'll check that out this week to get excited about the hot weather to come.

frances