Wednesday 7 April 2010

The End of Holidays


One of the things I love about working in a school is that there is a natural season of time to work hard and another for time to rest. These seasons come regularly ~ a great blessing to those, like me, who fare better with regular down time. The change from Daylight Saving, however, is better done in the flow of normally busy days where daily routines help you adjust quickly. Daylight Savings has just ended here and I seem to be having a hard time getting my head around it. I spend the whole day feeling like it is so much later than it really is!

We've had a rather wonderful and relaxing Easter weekend. The perfect balance of rest and play. Bike riding, picnics, delicious food, jigsaw puzzles, markets, Op Shopping, time with friends, reading, kids playing, Easter egg hunting, no TV beyond DVD's of 'Home Improvement' for the kids.

I'm afraid my season of rest is at an end, as tomorrow Work Break begins at school. I think today might be spent pretending the holidays go on for a little longer!

3 comments:

Rel said...

So love your blog, Trac!

Your review of The Sheriff's Surrender will be up tomorrow morning - just in case I forget to email you the link!

Hugs

Tracy said...

Thanks for your encouragement ;)

No doubt I will see it anyhow, but thanks for the warning LOL.

I have another review half done. Should be to you by the weekend.

PlanningQueen said...

I know what you mean about pretending the holidays are still going. We won't be getting back to Melbourne until late Sunday and the kids are back at school Tues - there goes my rest!