Sunday 28 March 2010

Weekends

We've packed much into this past three days. It's funny, how some weekends you're desperate for something half way interesting to do. Other weekends are so full you wish for a regular work-week to settle your pace a little!

We began with glowing reports from our children's teachers. It's always nice to hear how much your children are loved and how very hard they try at school. And then there's Mr Busy's times-tables. Hmmmmm. Maths Invaders, here we come!

Yesterday was filled with haircuts, movies, food and girlfriends. Always food for the soul in many, many ways. A late night, however, is not perhaps the best precursor to being the pianist for church the next morning!

Today we enjoyed a family picnic, though my eyes would've cheerfully given up if I'd been comfortable enough to sneak in a snooze. The kids have been indulged with far too much chocolate and lots of fun with teeny cousins. I managed to say something profound, though I didn't think it so at the moment the words were uttered. There you go, it happens sometimes, and it always takes me by surprise.

Mum gave me two more plates for my eclectic collection. Ugh...I got the money out and forgot to give it to her. I'll have to take a photo and show you my new pretties on day soon.

No comments: