Saturday 13 March 2010

Rubbing Shoulders with Fame

On Thursday our Year 3-6's went in to Scienceworks. It's always a full-on day of action, discovery, running, jumping, pulling, pushing, throwing and all sorts of other things. Add to that keeping track of your little group and any adult worth their salt comes home exhausted!

Our students ended up with the added thrill of being in 'The House of Secrets' at the same time that Coxy from Coxy's Big Break was filming. I'd seen men with big cameras and sound equipment at lunch time and wondered what they were filming for....and then I saw the big guy himself. I even smiled at him. He didn't smile back. I found this to be most curious. After all, we stay at the caravan park in Mallacoota where Coxy spent some time. He even spent a whole day filming with the park owner. The park owner has lots of good stuff to say about Coxy. Of course, Coxy should've smiled at me....I know the caravan park guy!

We will be diligent watchers of Coxy' Big Break, at least until we see that episode and discover if any of our kids ended up in the camera's eye. Actually, we're pretty diligent watchers anyway. He goes to all kinds of really interesting places and has a sense of humour that we appreciate.

I did learn this week, that two excursion days in one week is a pretty big week. Following that up with a day at the Caravan and Camping show....well, my feet are complaining and I was snoozing on the couch at 8pm last night!

1 comment:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I can't believe Coxy didn't smile at you! What's wrong with him? If nothing else, it's bad PR not to smile at one's public!

Two excursions is a lot. One excursion is a lot. I hope you're getting some much needed rest this weekend!

frances