Sunday 7 February 2010

Looking Beyond

I feel a little reluctant in posting about Black Saturday...a year ago today. Reluctant, because I didn't suffer the loss and tragedy that people in the fire areas did. Life, for us, has danced on in the same way that it had before that day. As I was thinking about what I might post I was reminded of something we saw along the road into Mallacoota over the summer. A tract of land that had been scorched and scarred by fire, and a myriad of these little grass trees that had sprung up along the blackened area. These grass trees often only flower after the earth has been scorched by bushfire. Indeed they are regenerated after such tough conditions.

This unusual little tree reminds me that good things come out of hardship and tragedy. God doesn't intend for us to get stuck in our sorrow, but to follow His plan as it plays out for us in the environment He created ~ we need to allow regeneration in our lives and let God lead us on.

"For as the earth brings forth its bud,
As the garden causes the things that are sown in it to spring forth,
So the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations."

Isaiah 61:11

2 comments:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

A beautiful, inspiring post, Tracy! I know you wrote it in light of last year's fires, but I can't help but thinking of Haiti as well.

frances

Tracy said...

Yes Frances, in the big things and the comparatively insignificant difficulties we face day to day. At least, I have found it true for myself.