Wednesday 3 February 2010

Cheese & Zucchini Pancakes

Frances commented the other day on my menu plan about my cheese and zucchini pancakes and asked for the recipe. I have to say, with just a small amount of pride, that this is truly a made-it-up-myself recipe. Perhaps born out of a glut of zucchinis from my garden in previous summers or just wanting something a little bit different for lunch on school holidays...I really can't remember, but I know they taste really good.

I thought I'd better check my sidebar before I started typing out the recipe. Guess what? I've actually gotten ahead of myself and posted the recipe last year.

So, if you want to know how I make my cheese and zucchini pancakes all you need to do is click right here. If you get a bit lost, you could also click on 'pancakes' on my sidebar. I was reading a post by Anna at Pleasant View Schoolhouse the other day and she posted a recipe for 'Popovers'. To me, it looks like pancake mixture made into a muffin, so my mind started whirring and I wondered whether I could make cheese and zucchini popovers as well?!

So. Who wants to join me for a virtual dinner on Saturday night? I can see it now. Cheese and Zucchini pancakes (or popovers!) right around the world. Now that sounds like fun.

4 comments:

Joy McD said...

I've made popovers and the family love them. I didn't know what popover pans were, so I just used muffin tins and they work fine :) I'm not sure the kids would appreciate adding zucchini though... :)

Angela said...

popovers are very like something here in the UK called 'Yorkshire Puddings'

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Zucchini pancake night sounds fun! Of course, you'll have to send me some zucchinis from your garden! Thanks for posting the recipe. Looks great!

frances

Tracy said...

This is why I put them in other things Joy...the kids have learned that it's not so bad when disguised a little bit.

Similar Angela...kind of. In the words of a Cuban friend "same, same, but different".

Frances, had I a vegie garden this year I would gladly be rid of excess zucchini. Alas, it was not to be. However, I noticed there are lots of them on the table in the staffroom, so I can grab you some. LOL.