Monday 25 January 2010

Monday Update

Dh left this morning, wishing me a wonderful day. We may have spent much of the day in staff meetings, but it was a good day. It was good to catch up with the wonderful people I work with and find out what they've been up to. It was lovely to do something other than referee childhood arguments. It was even nice to be out for a while.

My direct supervisor got some new toys for me to experiment with when they're all loaded and ready to go ~ little notebook computers with voice-recognition software. The special-needs kids I work with struggle with writing and spelling. For them it is an exercise in tedious frustration so I'm pretty sure they'll find this to be a worthwhile (and maybe fun!) addition to their learning resources.

You know what else was nice? Coming home to beautifully squeaky-clean floors.

3 comments:

belinda said...

That does sound like an awesome day. Then again again an awesome day in my estimation is just simply to come home to clean floors, the rest would have been icing.

Kind Regards
Belinda

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Glad that back-to-work went well. I mopped my floors today, and I have to say they were simply lovely to come home to!

frances

Tracy said...

See...it's the simple things in life that give the most joy!