Monday 23 November 2009

Conceding Defeat....and Menu Plan

I'm finally admitting it. Posting my menu plan on Friday just isn't happening! I don't know why, but it seems that even though I shop on Thursday nights and I'm all set for the next 7 days, I seem to think about posting my plan on Monday so I'm just going to go with that! Perhaps it's that by Monday I can't think of anything to post and a menu plan provides a post that is practically pre-written?

Today I will post retrospectively to catch up a bit and then continue on through to the end of the weekend ahead.

Friday: Sloppy Joe's, potato cubes
Saturday: Homemade Pizza
Sunday: Zucchini, cheese and onion pancakes
Monday: Chicken and rice noodle stir fry, a la Miss Sunshine
Tuesday: Pasta with bacon and mushrooms
Wednesday: Sweet and Sour Pork, rice
Thursday: Ants Climbing Trees (see sidebar for recipe)
Friday: BBQ (sausages and burger patties), potato cubes, salad
Saturday: Crumbed chicken with orange and cranberry sauce, vegies or salad
Sunday: Baked Potatoes, coleslaw, bacon, cheese

I feel a little bit funny about sitting here posting while my daughter slaves over the chopping board. But...well...she wants to do it and learning to cook is an important life skill.

What a shame it's so close to tea time and my Mum's probably cooking....or I'd phone her to chat while I have some time on my hands LOL. Perhaps I'll prepare my next block of the month embroidery pieces so I can start working on those tonight.

2 comments:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I stopped posting my menus ages ago, even though it was fun to do, and I enjoy reading other people's. One of these days I'm going to get ahead of the game, but today is not that day!

frances

Tracy said...

I can't afford not to be ahead of the game. I crumple up into this whiney little mess and ask "what are we going to eat????".

It doesn't work for me!