Wednesday 28 October 2009

Am I Mad?

You know how I victoriously declared myself finished with my course?

I'm seriously thinking about going further with my study and earning a higher qualification. I've just emailed my lecturer to find out if I can go straight to the Diploma, given my work experience. I'm not holding out much hope though as they've just changed the entry requirements from last year and it looks like the Certificate 4 is a prerequisite. Never hurts to ask the question though.

Whichever way it goes, both are only 1 semester full time and I believe both are available externally. So if I had to do both to get the Diploma, it would still only be one year. The Diploma subjects are far more interesting and the list of options to pick from for the elective subjects are going to be hard to narrow down to just six!

And I really want to get my % mark first too. Then I'll know if I have what it takes to go further. If I only just scraped through, I don't think I'll go any further!!!!

3 comments:

belinda said...

Certainly not mad. Challenging yourself is fun, learning new stuff is great and finishing is extremely rewarding. Honestly you come across as a smart, together quite organised person. I seriously doubt you did anything but well.

I can certainly understand wanting to wait for that percentage though, if you would have to commit large amounts more time to pass I imagine the priorities would have to be somewhere else.

Good Luck
Belinda

Tracy said...

Thank you Belinda. Your words are high praise!!!!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I think it's wonderful you want to continue with your studies--clearly you're so motivated that you'll do a great job. I look forward to hearing what you decide!

frances