Saturday 19 September 2009

Thank You Frances


I always feel special and appreciated when someone tells me I've won an award. This one comes from a very special blogging friend, Left-Handed Housewife. I have no idea now, how I found Frances' blog, but I'm so blessed to have done so. She is witty and funny, down to earth, wise and I know if she lived anywhere near me we would enjoy one another's company as much as two people possibly could.

As is almost always the case, there are rules that come with this award. And as is usually the case, I tend to break some of them. Naughty me...but Frances said it was OK to just enjoy or pass it on. So...here are the rules:

1.Thank the person who nominated you. tick
2.Copy the logo to your blog (or at least into the acceptance post...). tick
3.Link to the person who nominated you. tick
4.List 7 thing about yourself people may find interesting.
5.Make your own 7 Nominations.
6.Post links to those 7.
7.Leave them all a comment to let them know you nominated them.

Alrighty, can I find seven things that someone else might find interesting? Let's see:
  1. I am an early riser and can't seem to sleep in. The best I can do is a languishing 8am, but that is a rare day.
  2. I was a young bride ~ not quite 20yo. I am quietly horrified at the thought that one of my girls might do that to me. It is a mere 6 years away for Miss Sunshine and 7 for Miss Mischief!
  3. I won something of value once. I wrote a letter to the editor because my heart went out to someone else whose letter to the editor said she really struggled with menu planning. I just wanted the editor to pass my thoughts on. My letter won letter of the month, was published and I received $150 worth of Wiltshire non-stick baking pans.
  4. Most of my readers would already know, but I grew up as a Missionary Kid....placing me firmly in the very odd 'Third Culture Kid' phenomenon. Still...after all these years.
  5. Despite my love of really good, fresh, delicious Maggie Beer-worthy food....I love a humble chip sandwich. Chicken chips or Twisties (not hot chips!) in white bread with real butter and I'm there. It's terribly unhealthy in every way, but gee it tastes good.
  6. I'm not afraid of germs, bugs or mice. That MK experience has taught me that Aussie bugs are pathetically small and whatever it is that has beset your 'people space' (bugs and mice belong outside!) you just deal with it....and leave Dh to dispose of the mouse.
  7. I'd love to live on an acre and have enough time and energy to have a decent vegie garden and chooks. But I don't relish the idea of moving house again.
Hey, look at that....I found seven things. It took me a while to dig them out of my brain and deem them interest-worthy!

Frances, I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to take you up on the 'just enjoy' option.

2 comments:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Tracy, I loved learning new things about you! I find it particularly interesting that you were such a young bride! And I'd love it someday if you'd write more about being a Missionary Kid. That must have been fascinating.

Thanks for your kind words. You know I feel the same about you!

frances

Tracy said...

Being an MK where I grew up was the best ever childhood.