Friday 11 September 2009

New Time, New Day Menu Plan

Despite my lack of posting about my menu, we've eaten this week. I keep looking at my kitchen which is now covered in dirty dishes....again...and thinking "no...I don't want to go in there, I'll never come out!". But I've braved the mountain, cleared some space and found something to cook which is worthy of consumption to set before the hungry natives that seem to come out around 6pm each evening.

Dh even had the rare privilege of leftovers for two lunches. A spoilt man, indeed.

This coming week I would love to avoid my kitchen further. Yes, there, I said it. It does happen, you know. I hate that I've gotten to that place, but there you have it. I've opted for very simple meals this week. Things that require very little effort on my part.

Friday: Quiche, vegies, potatoes
Saturday: Warm Chicken Salad
Sunday: Roast lamb, vegies, potatoes
Monday: Vegie Soup, garlic bread
Tuesday: Pasta with bacon & mushrooms
Wednesday: Honey soy chicken, vegies, potatoes
Thursday: Lamb with rosemary & vegies (Crockpot)

Oh my, that looks like such a lazy girl's plan! I promise I'll be more creative next week. Mum & Dad will be the recipients of the first few meals on next week's plan so I'll need to be with it!

3 comments:

Rel said...

Hey! Hope you are coming tonight! The inabilities are pouring in!!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

"Lazy Girl's Menu"--I definitely have those weeks. Lots of spaghetti and two night meals. I think your menu looks yummy, and I bet no one in your family is giving points for effort (only taste!).

Have a great weekend!

frances

Tracy said...

All those 'inabilities' missed out Rel. Last night was great...and all the better with our global guest!! That was very cool, even though it only half worked.

You're right Frances. All they care about is the taste. Whether I spend hours of minutes preparing, they only care about how it tastes.