Sunday 2 August 2009

Sisterhood Award


Lynda from Cockatoo Dreaming bestowed upon me this award. I thought it was very cute and yes, I felt quite chuffed and humbled that she would pick me.

As I was reading the rules that inevitably come with these things I wondered what exactly a Sisterhood Award really meant. So I did some googling (because everything worth knowing is found via google, is it not?!) and found the person who created this award. And then I looked closely and found Diana's blog in very small print at the top of the award.

This is what Diana writes about the purpose for this award:
This is a special award that should be given to your best bloggy girlfriend(s). Give them the award to thank them for their special friendship. No need to list favorites, addictions or what-not.

Look at that. No rules. Just a genuine desire to bless someone you really appreciate. As much as I love receiving awards from people who think I deserve them, the rules are a bit of a stumbling block to my passing them on. So I am going to go with the original intent on this one ~ I am going to thank some blogging friends for their friendship:
  1. I must start with Rel and Relz Reviewz. Rel is one of three girlfriends (in real life) that I cherish in the most profound way. I have other friends I love and cherish too....but I have three favourites and Rel is one of them. Our friendship extends online, partly because we both have blogs, but also because I help her with the volume of books she needs to get reviewed. Her blog is filled with all kinds of great book 'stuff' and very generous give-aways.
  2. Frances from Left-Handed Housewife is the one who springs to mind next. I can't remember how I found her blog, but her witty and humorous way of looking at life appealed to me from the outset. As I've gotten to know Frances, I have discovered that if I knew her in real life, she'd become one of my favourite people too.
  3. Kate from Our Red House comes next. Kate is a fellow Aussie Mum, who lived in Melbourne until about a year ago. I felt and immediate bond with her too. Her love of baking amazes me and her desire to live a simple life even in a very suburban situation is inspiring. We walk a very similar path, having gone from being SAHM's to both working 4 days a week at quite similar times. Things like that cement the kindred spirit.
  4. Tina from Red Wellies, Rainbows and Cinnamon Whirls is going to be my final pick for today. Tina has a beautiful, positive view of life and truly takes pleasure in the simple things that I am inclined to ignore. Tina has a very generous spirit and similar taste to me. I have been blessed to have been the recipient of her beautiful generosity and I value her perspective.
Of course, I have a whole bunch other people that I would mention too ~ people like Jodie at Life in the Hills, Joy at Joys Quilts, Meredith at Like Merchant Ships, Lisa at The Tin House. Each of them brings a dimension to friendships, both in real life and online that adds richness and depth.

I'm not going to add rules that tell you what to do with this award. But I would encourage you to consider blessing those whose online friendships you truly appreciate and enjoy.

7 comments:

Meredith said...

What a nice compliment! Thanks!

Some of these blogs are new to me and I look forward to checking them out.

Anonymous said...

Tracy, thank you so much! Your words were so lovely and kind...I'm really touched. :)

Rel said...

Oh my - that will teach me to let a couple of days go by without visiting!

Thank you for warming my heart and putting a smile on my face. Cherish is such a heartfelt word and I am privileged to have it applied to me by someone as special as you :)

Love and extra hugs....

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Tracy, Thanks so much! This really means a lot to me, as does our friendship. More than once, I'll read something or I'll hear about something funny, and I wonder what you'd think about it. I feel like our friendship has transcended the blogosphere into ... well, real life!

frances

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the award and for your very sweet comments.

I have the little needlework picture you made on the table by my front door and I think about you each time I pass. It arrived at such a difficult time and was such a blessing.

Kate

Tracy said...

I'm glad it still gives you some joy Kate!

Tracy said...

I'm glad it still gives you some joy Kate!