Monday 1 June 2009

Monday's Menu

Once I'm finished here I'm going to get my shopping list organised so I can shop before I pick the kids up from school. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to have their help with unloading the car afterwards. They have it done in a snap. And then the girls love to help put things away in the pantry as well. Of course, there is the ulterior motive that Miss Mischief wants to know what's for afternoon tea...but I'll take the help however it comes.

After enjoying my nephew's third birthday party yesterday I'm all set to get back to my regular eating habits. Party food isn't terribly conducive to a wheat free diet!

Monday: Roast pork (hold over from last week)
Tuesday: Meatball stroganoff & pasta
Wednesday: Fish (not sure how I'll do it yet)
Thursday: Baked potatoes with coleslaw, bacon, cheese, sour cream & avocado
Friday: Herbed ricotta fritters, vegies
Saturday: Roasted tomato soup
Sunday: Chicken & Dumpling soup

I'm still pondering the idea of doing some meal preparation for the freezer. I've taken all the freezer bricks out so I can see what room I have. My freezer really isn't looking terribly satisfied right now. Since the power outage we had early last year I've been reluctant to keep too much in there for fear we'd lose a lot of food again. Now that we have a car with an auxiliary battery I think I could save a freezer stash in the Engel, in the back of that car for a period of time, if necessary.

No comments: