Monday 22 June 2009

End-of-Term Menu Plan

This week marks the very last week of the school term in Victoria. When someone in the Primary school suggested that we only had one sleep to go, this morning, the staff cheered as enthusiastically as the children! Yes, we've been very very busy this term with lots going on to tire even the most resilient amongst us!

This week my menu plan may well look something similar to this:

Monday: Honey Lemon Chicken, vegies
Tuesday: Chicken & Corn Soup, yum cha nibbles
Wednesday: Braised honey & vinegar chicken, vegies
Thursday:Crockpot Beef Casserole, brown rice
Friday: Homemade Pizza: potato, onion, garlic and bacon, pineapple
Saturday: Baked Savoury Cheesecake (a hold over)
Sunday: Meatloaf with Tomato Sugo (a la Maggie Beer)

I managed to finally get a hold of 'Nigella Express' over the weekend and bought it with a 30% discount voucher. It's only taken six months for it to be on the shelf at the same time I was in Borders, but I have succeeded and so will start adding a whole new bunch of recipes to my repertoire. I'm very excited.

* * * * * * * * * *

I had my first solo day with my new Prep student today. Two of his siblings were home unwell so Mum needed to stay with them. We did absolutely fine. I'm still nutting through the intricacies of balancing a boy focused on learning and keeping his physiotherapist happy without upsetting him. But we'll figure it out. It was good to able to give Mum a really positive report at the end of the day and see the look of "Oh wow, it's really going to work!". I believe my student has earned himself a bowl of ice cream after dinner tonight LOL.

* * * * * * * * * *

The flip-side of such a positive day is hearing from Miss Mischief that she's being bullied a little bit again by the same child who treated her this way two years ago. Conversations with Miss Mischief's teacher and her bible study leader will ensue as a result. This child goes to another church and attends her own small group there but has decided that she should come to our church and I'm not happy....for a number of reasons. Miss Mischief's relationship with her is one of many.

1 comment:

Rel said...

Great news on the teaching front, not so much for Miss Mischief. Sorry to hear that. No doubt we will talk on Sunday :)