Wednesday 27 May 2009

First Round of Results

I had the most exciting day yesterday. Apart from the offer of extra work, I also finally opened my parcel from College later in the day. I'd thought it was the workbooks I was expecting, but it turns out it was my first group being returned after marking.

I have 'met the requirements' for everything and received glowing remarks throughout. I was thrilled with the results of all those hours of hard work, but also pleased with the timing. I'm nearly finished my 4th subject and have about half of the assessment task to complete so it was really quite a boost to know that I've been on the right track with how I am tackling the work. I can now continue on with reasonable confidence! Well. You know. I'm doing my first Powerpoint presentation ever, so it's with a mild measure of trepidation that I say 'confidence'.

* * * * * * * * * *

Joy asked me about my sore throat. It's ended up as a cold, although nowhere near as bad as I thought it might get. I've been on zinc for a couple of months and that has certainly made an impact on the severity of the illness. My Ease-a-cold tablets are taking care of the runny nose quite nicely and I'm well able to get on with life without wanting to fall asleep all the time.

We so rarely get sick in our home, that when we do get that once-a-year cold we all tend to feel like we're going to die! Miss Sunshine has soldiered on with the help of Strepsils, as it's her throat that has been bothering her.

3 comments:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Ooh, a Powerpoint presentation. Let us know how it goes. I keep meaning to learn to do that; it might help when I do school visits.

Congratulations on your glowing remarks and all your good work! I'm amazed by how much you do and how well you seem to do it!

frances

Tracy said...

I'm not that clever with Powerpoint, really. I got into the program and just started using the template that was on the screen.

Thank you for the congratulations! I feel like dragging those bits of paper around with me so I can say "See...look what I did!". Silly at my age, but there you have it.

Joy McD said...

Well done Tracy! Gald you are enjoying the study and you did well. Also glad your cold isn't too bad.... I'm hoping this is my once a year cold. Really, I think my last one was at Inverloch last year, so that is not too bad.