Thursday 28 May 2009

Final Unveiling

Photobucket

It's finally finished. Completed. There's not a stitch left to be made on my quilt top. I've just finished piecing and adding the sawtooth border and I've appliqued the star onto the very centre and it's DONE!!!!

During this next week it is my plan buy the batting and the backing fabric and then I will get started on the quilting.....which will probably take me longer than forever! The quilt shop owner tells me it must be completed by next March for the quilt show in Our Town. We shall see.

In the meantime, Natalie at Cinderberry Stitches has finally released her 'Tail Feather's pattern. I'm going to go and drool over that tomorrow afternoon.

I apologise for the very ordinary photo...the light in the room that has enough floor space to lay it out isn't the best.

12 comments:

Beth said...

Looks great! Congratulations!

Kez said...

Wow! I'm in awe!

Joy McD said...

WOW!!! That is great!! I'm going to have to come and see it sometime in real life!!!

Jeni said...

You must be so happy with the end result
its just beautiful

Tracy said...

It's absolutely beautiful! You must feel so satisfied to see it all put together.

Vickie said...

Oh Tracy thatis beautiful..I soo love the colours -well done girl that's on emighty quilt too be proud of,cheers Vickie

Anonymous said...

WOW Tracy!! You are so talented! :)

Left-Handed Housewife said...

That's so beautiful! Congratulations! And you're quilting it yourself--what a good and brave girl you are. I know you'll do a great job. Have fun!

frances

Tracie said...

That is a beautiful quilt, you should be proud of yourself.

Tracie xx

secondofwett said...

That is a beautiful quilt! Good Luck with the quilting part....I've been working on one for each of my two grandaughters sunce last summer...hopefully I'll be done by this summer!

Tracy said...

Thank you ladies. It's lovely to hear your feedback, after a year of working on this project!

Rel said...

And you still have almost a year to go on it! My, my you have my utmost admiration :)

Hugs to you, sickie!