Wednesday 29 April 2009

School Days

The school week is back into full swing now, including cooking! We made lemon butter this morning to sell at our school fete day in a few weeks. Mmmmmm....I'm going to have to get there early that day to buy a jar of all the preserves I want to have in my hot little hand. I took a G/F pancake to eat my lemon butter on. The kids, of course, thought that was too special and why did I have a pancake when they had to have toast. If only I could have the toast, LOL.

In a few short weeks the Year 3 & 4's will be going on camp. Today I had a moment for a quick chat with the boy I work with about that. When I mentioned that Mrs R had asked me to come along for the whole time he looked a lot happier about the whole idea. I'll spend some time each day I'm in the classroom talking with him about what we'll be doing and what he can expect. It would be sad if he decided not to come because he scared and uncertain. The kids experience so many things together and bond so differently on camp and I'd hate for him to miss that if there was some way to get him over some of those hurdles.

Meanwhile, I've had a report from Miss Sunshine's camp this morning and it seems all is well with them. Everyone is enjoying it and they're dog-tired and sleeping well. Poor Miss Sunshine doesn't cope well with too-little sleep. They'll soon figure this out when she starts behaving irrationally LOL. Then again, she might bottle it all up and save it for us!

2 comments:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

So do all the classes go to camp at the beginning of school? Sounds fun! I hope your boy ends up going. He's lucky to have your support.

Lemon butter sounds wonderful. Can you share a recipe? I love all things lemon.

frances

Tracy said...

Year 2's have a sleepover at school, later in the year. As for timing, earlier is great, but it depends on a lot of factors as to when they end up going.

The 5/6's have been (Miss Mischief was on that one). The 7/8's are now, the 3/4's are coming up. Year 12's start their year before everyone else is back with a camp. No idea idea about Yr 9/10.

I'll post the lemon butter recipe in the next day or two. It was super yummy!