Monday 27 April 2009

Monday's Tummy Plans

We're one kid down this week. Miss Sunshine is off on school camp for the week, to a beautiful area of the state. Hopefully she'll remain dry and warm enough despite the weather forecast! Life will certainly be quiet beyond our picket fence without her. She's 50% of the noise!

The quiet will be good though. After an absolutely refreshingly wonderful weekend at our Women's Retreat the quiet will be the perfect transition back into normality. We did our Retreat very differently this year and according to the girls who came, it was by far the best. We spent a lot of time talking and laughing and talking some more. We ate...and ate...and ate! Truly it is a joy to put in all the hard work to make it happen.

It was a little difficult to come home to face menu planning after a weekend simply being presented with beautiful meals that required no effort from me, so it's looking a little lack lustre this week!

Monday: Chicken curry, brown rice
Tuesday: Baked herb fish, vegies
Wednesday: Potato and corn chowder (a hold over from the weekend)
Thursday: Pasta with vegie sauce
Friday: Honey mustard chicken, vegies
Saturday: Nachos (Miss Sunshine's 13th birthday)
Sunday: Homemade Pizza (I'll use gluten free flat bread for mine)

I'm off now to have lunch with two friends from school....avoiding my study and other things, I think LOL.

4 comments:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Glad your retreat went so well--it sounds like just the sort of thing we all need from time to time.

Miss Sunshine's turning 13?! Oh, my--you'll have to keep us posted on how that changes things around your house. Only nice changes, I hope!

frances

Tracy said...

You'll think me mad, but actually, she's nicer to live with now than she has been since she turned 3. Course we still have moments, but maturity has been a great benefit to her.

Rel said...

Hey - lovely retreat and lovely company! And that WoW leadership team is something pretty special - LOL!!!

Tracy said...

Yes they/we are Rel. The best so far, I think. I'm sitting here with my cup of tea in my special mug...trying to recapture just a moment.