Monday 20 April 2009

Menu Planning for Back to School

We have two days yet to go, but school returns this week. Miss Mischief and Mr Busy are off on a play date today. I'm sure Miss Sunshine will have her head full of fanciful ideas. Mine are more inclined towards planting my seedlings and getting some study done! Perhaps we can blend enough for us to both have some satisfaction.

I have a myriad of other things to do...letters for this weekend's Women's Retreat to post, my regular floor cleaning, some cutting of fabric for next week's class. Life is never still. Perhaps Miss Sunshine would be satisfied with baking together. School lunch boxes will need filling!

Hopefully this week my menu plan will actually see the week through without changes?!

Monday: Pasta with roasted tomatoes, basil, pinenuts, parmesan, ham
Tuesday: Bacon Wrapped Chicken, vegies
Wednesday: Lasagna, salad or vegies
Thursday: Pasta with veg. sauce
Friday: Family: L/O lasagna from Wednesday **
Saturday: Fish & Chips
Sunday: Potato and Corn Chowder

I'm bringing dinner for our Women's ministry team on Friday night. The plan is for Chicken braised with figs, honey and vinegar (if I can get the figs!), served with baby herbed potatoes and steamed mixed vegetables. I'm mulling over a dessert. Bascially...they'll get to eat food I wish my family would eat. Sorry gals!

1 comment:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Oooh, chicken braised with figs--sounds lovely! We actually have two fig trees, but won't see any fruit for awhile now (and when I do, I never know what to do with them--can I substitute figs for dates in your Chicken with Dates and Honey Recipe?).

Enjoy your week. Sounds busy!

frances