Tuesday 28 April 2009

Gluten Free Scones

I finally got around to trying out the idea of making scones with gluten free flour. My assessment of the final product? Ho-hum. I have eaten them fresh out of the oven and then reheated the next day in the microwave and I'm really not that impressed. They're not completely inedible, but they're not something you'd rave over and repeat as soon as practical either.

The flour package does say the final result will be better when egg is used....which has me pondering how the idea of a cake-like bread type of product would go ~ including eggs. A quick google search has found something like what I have in mind. More experimenting, no doubt, looms ahead!

* * * * * * * * * *

It seems all my reviewing of books has been a worthwhile skill-building exercise, for more than just the purpose of writing reviews. I offered to take a task off the hands of the Year 3 teacher this morning, in the form of preparing a letter to go home to her students. I twiddled about with wording...you know, trying to make something sound fun and interesting. So much fun that of course you'll be wanting to fill out the form and put your name down for a time slot! She was thrilled with the outcome, as was the Head of Primary. And all without access to a must-have thesaurus, LOL.

3 comments:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Everyone appreciates a girl who can write a clear sentence! Be careful, though--now that they know you can write, you may be asked to write everything. I'll tell you about how I got sucked into to writing copy for the Our Fine School Annual Auction brochure sometime ...

frances

Tracy said...

LOL Frances. I'm sure it's a fantastic story!!!! I always have the option of saying "nope, can't fit that in....". And I do when I need to.

Rel said...

Glad to see I am contributing to your employment skills - hehehe!