Thursday 16 April 2009

Breath of Fresh Air

Today began our staff Work Break time. While students are off enjoying carefree days, the staff go back a little early to participate in professional development, prepare, attend meetings and other such vitally important 'stuff'. Being in a Christian school, means that part of what we do involves setting aside some time to lay ourselves and what we do before God. This morning was wholly devoted to a time of personal retreat. It turned out to be just what I needed. Some time to bring my struggles and failures before a loving God and have Him speak truth into my life...and funnily enough when you make time to listen He has something to say. Something I really needed to hear. It never ceases to amaze me that God would even bother, but He does. Thankfully.

I arrived home, having been sent off with the admonition to return as soon as I could because Dh has lots to do too. He's off torturing...ummm...shopping with the kids in Anaconda. I've had a chance to catch up on some reading that I'd been 'coming back to' on some blogs in blissful peace and quiet. I should have gotten to that stuff before now. I've finally watched the You Tube snippet of author Tracy Higley, standing in front of the pyramids while doing research for her new book. I have but one word. WOW! I can't imagine how it would feel to experience such an ancient landscape and relics in such modern days so far removed from when men worked on those great wonders.

1 comment:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

It's funny how much we need to lay everything in front of the table before God, and how often our lives seem to prevent us from having the time to do so. Glad you got a chance and it was fruitful for you.

frances