Wednesday 1 April 2009

After Much Anticipation....

Tonight is my final (I think) Block of the Month quilt class. It was cancelled last month due to weather so tonight we're finally getting to put it all together.

I've just phoned Dh to make sure he'll be home in time. I've waited so long I just can't bear to miss a moment! That, and parking at the Quilt Shop on Wednesday night's is pretty tricky.

************

Today I supervised the Year 3's making Hot Cross Buns. Half the class anyway. It turned out to be quite fortuitous really. The whole class has now worked with yeast dough. When we did pizza the other half of the class was cooking and had to make the dough.

The bread turned out beautifully and the kids really enjoyed tucking into their special Easter treats.

Next term we're doing 'Going Bush' for General Studies, so I think the food will be more Australian native inspired. We still need to make Sushi though. The kids were so looking forward to that last week, but it just didn't happen.

4 comments:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

No one ever came to my class when I was a kid to make hot cross buns. I've been deprived, and how! I'm glad you all do cooking in your school. They do it at ours, too, and the boys really enjoy it.

frances

Tracy said...

Only the Year 3's do it in Primary school...because the Year 3 teacher is passionate about this and chooses to include it in her weekly plan. I'm the lucky one who gets to do it with them. Mr Busy loves going to school on Wednesday's!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I bet! What amazes me is that when they do cooking at school, Will actually eats it (some of the time anyway).

Tracy said...

It's amazing how many kids are more adventurous when a) Mum isn't watching and b) they've used food grown in our vegie garden at school.