Tuesday 10 March 2009

Menu Planning on Tuesday?

When the combination of responsibilities and fun conspire to keep you busy and away from a computer, then yes. Menu planning happens on a Tuesday. Although my menu plan has already altered from my plan. Oh well, that's the price on fun with responsibility trailing close behind!

Monday: Fish & vegies (it was chicken & chips, actually)
Tuesday: Mr Busy's choice ~ he'll let me know in the next hour!
Wednesday: Ricotta Gnocchi with tomato pesto
Thursday: Pasta & Napoli sauce a'la Year 3's recipe book
Friday: Lamb Chops with Cranberry Orange Sauce
Saturday: Vegie Patties & wedges
Sunday: Roast ... maybe lamb?

***************

I had a rare but inspired bright idea over the weekend, thanks to my lovely friend Joy. She was doing Block of the Month stitcheries. It suddenly dawned on me, I could take all the little Cottage Garden stitcheries I've been doing, and hoarding for a rainy day and piece them into a Spring Garden kind of quilt. Joy also shared a little tidbit of quilting secrecy. There are, apparently, many free Block of the Month programs floating about in blogland. I will just have to search them out, won't I?! Joy showed me her 'Verandah Views' blocks to date. They are absolutely the cutest thing and available for free from Willowberry Designs. I love the Bed & Breakfast block. Just gorgeous and full of humour!

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Hello Tracy
I was given that same book many years ago and have never used it. I see a new project coming up but a question if I may - how did you transfer the design to the calico?
Take care
cathy

Tracy said...

I just traced it using a water soluble pen specifically designed for fabric. If you have access to a light box it's a lot easier.