Wednesday 21 January 2009

In The Garden


Just before the holidays I posted pictures of my vegies...the few that are there. Bean tendrils have reached the top of the posts they are climbing on. I also discovered a few beans that will need to be picked very soon.


The tiny little tomato plants, which I was assured needed no staking, are also bearing fruit. I think they won't bear much, as the plants are quite small. However, we will get to enjoy some homegrown tomatoes with a great deal of joy regardless.

I also found a self seeded tomato plant near the beans. I wonder if they're cherry tomatoes or regulars?

The basil died. I suspected it would, without daily care. I'd like to re-invest in some flat leaf parsley and add basil, thyme and oregano to my herb garden.

1 comment:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Oh, this pictures are making me homesick for spring and for tomatoes growing in the garden.

I'm sorry about your basil. Plant some more, quick!

frances