Wednesday 21 January 2009

Back to School....


The kids and I went shopping this afternoon. Armed with my grant from the government for families of Year 7 children, we took to Kmart and Big W. A school bag each....T-Shirts, shorts for Mr Busy, shoes for Miss Sunshine....they are all happy. The girls still need some summer 'bottoms' to go with their tops but I think an Op Shop trip might be in order there.

When we arrived home I received my third letter from school this week ~ busy beavers those office staff! My letter though was not addressed to 'Dear Our School Parents', but rather 'Dear Our School Staff'. Staff! OK then. I guess I'll find out nitty gritty details when I arrive on Wednesday morning for staff meetings LOL. All I know right now is that I will be working as a Teachers Assistant. How exciting!

3 comments:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Congrats on your promotion to school staff! I hope there's a paycheck involved!

I love the picture with this post. Where did you get it?

frances

Tracy said...

Oh there is definitely pay involved. Parent helpers are voluntary, teachers assistants are not.

I got it from www.art.com. I just did a search for 'school desk' I think.

Rel said...

Well, well, well! Congrats on the job :)