Wednesday 24 September 2008

Stitching The Days Away


One of the things I like about school holidays is that we're home a lot. Being home a lot, I have more time to do frivolous things that I don't normally get to do during the day. Rel will be thrilled that I'm getting through my 'Books to Review' pile :). The other thing I love to do...and is far less anti-social...is to stitch my way through days where I normally wouldn't be able to do so! Today we're going to a friend's place for a play ~ I'll take this cute little stitchery with me and I'll still be able to chat.

'Tea Party for Madeline' is from Cinderberry Stitches, an Aussie designer. I love her whimsical style and the colours. I'm rather taken with the 'Monet's Garden' variegated thread! One of these days my buttonhole stitch will be more even ~sigh~. I was looking at Natalie's website the other day and discovered a new freebie pattern. I always love a freebie ~ don't we all?! Blue Wren's Nest is a gorgeous little tote bag with a very cute little stitchery on it. There is a free pdf file to download if you want the pattern ... even if it's just to get the stitchery outline! I happen to think a little niece might just like this for Christmas!

What a shame little boys aren't into cute little bags!!! Then again, a bag like this with a 'digger like Daddy's' stitched on it may be quite the thing. Master Nephew is quite taken with digging machines, seeing as how his Daddy owns one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, so pretty! You are so clever!

love, Tina :)

Aprille Roberts said...

This is beautiful! My daughter would really have a fit over this. She loves having tea parties with her dolls, and she actually has them with her friends quite often too.

Aprille :0)

Tracy said...

It is pretty cute isn't it?! I had my local quilt shop order it in, since her first lot went like *that*.

April, you should have a look at the Cinderberry website (just click on the hyperlink in my post) and scroll down a little. The left hand side bar has links to places that sell Natalie's patterns in the US.

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Oh, I love this! It really makes me want to take up embroidery, but I think if I take up another craft, my husband will send me off to a home for batty middle-aged women who can't stop buying crafting supplies ...

Frances