Friday 5 September 2008

Friday Catch Up

So much happens in such a short space of time around our place!

I had my monthly quilt class on Wednesday night. I will post a photo of this month's project and homework. It's all about handpiecing this time and I'm working on a good and useful callous on my middle finger. I hate thimbles ~ they're so cumbersome and I've never mastered to the use of them!

********

The girls are off on their sleepover. We wizzed in, gathered their bits and pieces, shoveled in some popcorn and ran back out the door again. They're very excited. A dinner a McDonald's, spending money for the little shop and an evening of very interesting activities. I'll tell you more tomorrow when I get a report on the night! I've instructed them to sleep near a grown up if they want to actually sleep!

********

Today was my last week of helping in Year 5/6 Art. The little abstract sewing pieces they have worked on are displayed in the school office and look magnificent. I'm looking forward to having my Friday's back...but I have really enjoyed a different perspective of our primary school and what the kids get up to! The art teacher is taking me out for morning tea next Wednesday to say thank you. I should've offered to help with art before now if that is my reward LOL. I also got paid with two wooden cotton reels. You don't get wooden reels anymore so I was very excited. Much to the bemusement of the kids, none of whom understand such precious gems from the past!

*********

Mr Busy and I are all packed and ready for tonight. I'll let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

can't wait to see your project!

Have a great day =)