Monday 28 July 2008

Monday's Maybe-Menu

After far too many hours watching 'Anne of Green Gables' (and not yet finished!) I've realised that my menu plan is yet unfinished and I find myself in a rut with very little inspiration! Perhaps a good thing, in that I will be at school on Thursday afternoon and all day Friday...so now I know to plan meals that suit a busy day. I have a LOT of reading to do before Friday night. I hate putting down a book half way through to pick up another, so I'm determined to get it all done in order. Some late nighters and bare minimum housework should do the trick. Don't worry Rel, I will have the book finished in time, with questions for Karen prepared! I'm sooooooo looking forward to book club on Friday!

Oh, that's right, menu plan. See, now I'm procrastinating!

Monday: Lamb Rissoles & vegies
Tuesday: Apricot Chicken, mashed potatoes, vegies
Wednesday: Some Asian pork thing rice noodles & vegies
Thursday: Beef & Rice Noodles
Friday: Pasta with vegie Sauce
Saturday: Chinese Corn Soup & Char Siu Bau
Sunday: Roast

The reason Wednesday is a bit vague is that Dh brought home a piece of roast pork after providing his services to a client yesterday. Because it's already cooked I'm thinking of chopping it up and warming it through with roast sweet pork (char siu) ingredients and then making that into a Hor Fun type of meal. I dunno yet. Hor Fun is style of Asian noodle dish that uses wide flat rice noodles.

Now that I've got that planned I'm off to do some reading.....

6 comments:

Rel said...

So glad to hear it ;-)

Read away....I just loved Rafe! Must be the name as I felt the same about Susie May Warren's Rafe - LOL!!!

Tracy said...

Perhaps these authors get together and decide all Rafe's should be great guys?!

Deeny said...

Awesome looking menu! I had to look up what Lamb Rissoles was. I found it was a recipe that uses ground lamb? Never heard of the recipe before. Silly question, just curious, but since Australia or is it just New Zealand that produces a lot of lamb, is lamb cheaper where you are. Here, at least where I live, it is an occasional treat. About all you can ever find in the grocery store are lamb chops which are always pricey and leg of lamb which is also pricey, but goes on sale at certain times of the year, especially Easter. I never see any other cuts of lamb offered and I don't ever think i have seen ground lamb. I love lamb but we only have it maybe a few times a year. The last time I made lamb was Easter and it was a boneless leg of lamb. Just curious Deana. Have a A Great Day Smiles

Tracy said...

When I was a child, lamb chops were pretty cheap and so I grew up eating it, as I'm sure most other Aussies did too. Not so much now, but there are some cuts that are affordable even today. Lamb mince is always available in my local Safeway supermarket so I use recipes to utilise that when I can.

The rissoles were just the mince, an egg, some breadcrumbs and fresh garlic & rosemary. I just know those things go nicely together so that's what I did.

Dianne said...

I love lamb but it is just too expensive here and not often offered in the supermarkets. I will often order it when we go out for a special meal since it is such a treat but a little expensive.

I love reading your menu and seeing all the different titles to some of the dishes you prepare. They all sound exotic to me but I know its just because I don't know what they are. It is fun to read anyhow.

Tracy said...

LOL Dianne. I have an Asian SIL and an Asian step MIL so apart from the fact that Australia is close to those countries and our cuisine has taken on some of those things, in our family it's probably even more so.

If you can't afford to eat out you have to learn to cook it! I'm lucky to have two willing teachers close to me.