Friday 13 June 2008

Out of the Mouths of Babes

This is the conversation Mr Busy and I had after we'd dropped the girls off at Girls Brigade.

Mr Busy: Mum, do you have to marry someone you know?
Me: Well, it's a bit hard to marry someone you don't know!
Mr Busy: Oh (very thoughtfully)
Me: Why, is there someone you think you want to marry?
Mr Busy: Don't worry!!!!!!
Me: No, I'm not...but is there someone you've been thinking you want to marry?
Mr Busy: No....I'm still thinking about it. I suppose I should wait until after I learn to drive first.
Me: Yeah, I suppose you should wait til you're all grown up. It's not urgent!

He's so very very cute!

4 comments:

Kez said...

lol cute! My 5 yo has already decided who he wants to marry - after we'd told him he couldn't marry his cousin of course :)

Belinda said...

Hi Tracy,

My Mum will never forget the day that this cute little blonde came up to her on "Jobs Day" at preschool and asked if it was ok if she got engaged to my brother.

Knowing my brothers likely view at that point, ewww girl germs, she mentioned that maybe she should talk it over with him first.

Kind Regards
Belinda

Anonymous said...

Dear Tracy,

Your wonderful gift has arrived. Thank you so much. I have just posted about it on my blog.

Kate xxx

Terri said...

That is too cute. I used to love those conversations with my boys when they were little.